Preact - speedy PWAs with almost 100 lighthouse
With the beautiful build-pipeline of Preact its easy to build lightning fast sites and PWAs
I was very happy to stumble across preactjs.
Not that react is bad, but I was in search for something quicker and a build pipeline which is easier to configure than react-create-app.
Things I like about preact:
- they way they configured webpack with all the required plugins and their choice of defaults.
- how easy it is to setup the router (and break the single-page-paradigma from react).
- the simple way to do SSR (server-side-rendering)
- that its build for speed and allows you to reach 100% in performance score in lighthouse.
- they way css are handled and also this beautiful explanation why.
One of the first things I build with it was a portfolio side for b33m.studio.
Beside that its lightning fast, it also comes with some more cool features like:
- and art-directed lazy-loading video
- some scroll-hijacking and a parallax effect.
Take a look at
download full lighthouse audit – the page runs a simple shared webserver -)